A Training Programme on Field Practice for Social Development
PADI is a registered society that aims at working towards Education for creation of just humane society. This society is established as a public, secular, service institution, serving the underprivileged irrespective of their caste, religion or creed, with a special emphasis on service for the weaker sections of society in the areas of education and social development. Having the objectives i.e., to strengthen the formal education system, undertake and assist Community Development Programmes, to create public awareness regarding children Problems, child labour, child rights especially the prevalent HIV+ve.
Working towards quality Education for creation of just a humane society PADI (Projects – VALORED, CHILDLINE, EMC) that started in 1993, got registered in 2004 has now completed 22 years of fruitful service in the field of Education, Child Rights, gender, Health/HIV/AIDS, studies And various services. PADI-VALORED is not only well recognized by the Education Department but also by Women & Child Development and Health departments. Hence department avail the services of PADI in their programme as collaboration work or as Resource persons. Working hand in hand with the Department has also helped PADI-VALORED in achieving many of our objectives. Popularity and rapport built with the Education Department has enabled PADI to demand for enforcement of some of our resolutions made with regards to Child Right Protection and Education, SDMC and Teacher Network. This recognition appreciated by various Institution of Social Work like, St. Aloysius College, Sreenivas College, M.V. Shetty College, Karavali College, Mangalore University, Govt MSW College-Vitla, SDM College, Meredian College, St. Philomena College, Roshini Nilaya of Dakshina Kannada and Milagres College, MGM College, Govt. MSW College-Thenkanidiyur, Manipal University of Udupi District deem it fit to place their students for field practice in our organization.
Hence to make this Field Practice more meaningful and enriching PADI feels justify in delegating it’s services to the Trainee/Students through a proper Training programme.
Objective of Field Practice in the Organization:
- To provide continuous learning cum Experience
- To acquire Field knowledge and professional Field skills to practice Social work
- To learn and exhibit appropriate Professional Behavior, ethics and values
- To develop Self-awareness necessary for professional Performance
- To carry out any assignment, Independent Work, Research/ Documentation etc, useful to the Trainee/student
- To develop the overall capacity of the student/trainee in Social Development skills
Interactive Learning: The Students involve themselves in interactive sessions with PADI and their supervisors.
- To make the maximum use of the Organization library and documentation Centre.
- To make the best use of the opportunities given by the Organization
- To submit time to time all the work assignments with proper documentation to the Organization.
- To strictly follow the policies ie Work Place Policy and Child Right policy of the Organization.
- To follow the Organization holidays and leave procedure
- To abide for the Credit system assessment procedures.
- To be Professional responsible by being regular and punctual in Field work.
- To be aware of your attitude and feeling in handling individuals, group work and dealing with community people.
- Students who are doing their MSW studies in recognized colleges.
- Only Those who have attended the training programme are eligible to continue their field practice for one full in PADI organization
Duration: 1 year